The States and Washington DC are the backbone of Commercial Driver’s Licensing. They issue the licenses and assess the qualifications and validity of each of their drivers.
For rules regarding:
- Certification and Records check: CDLIS (Commercial Driver Licensing Information System), and NDR (National Driver Registry), Self Certification Forms etc.
- Knowledge and skills test
- Third party Skills Testing
- Military Exemptions for Skills Testing
- Non-domiciled CDL
- Exemptions, Penalties and more